Pages

Yard House

The best Truffle Oil Fries ever!!!


The very creative looking not-so-really-ahi Spicy Tuna Roll - as a cake form.



These fries will start your meal off right. The truffle oil is the best grease on fries. The dry Parmesan gives it that sharp flavor and parsley(the herb) for a nice green look. Deliciously crispy.


I love seared ahi tuna-seasoned & seared on the outside and raw on the inside. So when I read about this roll on the site : seared rare ahi, avocado, edamame, cucumber with wasabi soy sauce; I had imagined chunks of tuna perfectly seared on the outside then cut into chunks revealing the rawness for that nice squishy texture of tuna. I knew this wasn't your ordinary 'roll' it looks like layers of cake.

So, when it arrived and I started breaking through all I kept seeing was the color of cooked mushed tuna-beige. Whaaat? Where's my red meat rawness I love? The flavor wasn't that tasty and overall just blah. I thought that brown chip was a chip. It was ginger! Spit that out. Yuck.

I hated this. I don't recommend this if you are used to the raw tuna you like. If you love your fish cooked, then this is for you.

Good presentation, poor execution of the tuna. After all it is the tuna I'm after.







No comments:

Post a Comment